Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 586

Thread: THE Q'S OF DOOM (not really) (returns) (you sickass mofo)

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Shiinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    776
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To Wiseman's Q - No it doesnt. I have no idea what the answer is, but its 50/50 chance. ^^

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes it does!

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The answer to my sets question is:

    A set cannot be a member of itself. (Bertrand Russell 1902)

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 20, 2002 07:39 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    SDamn, my guess failed &gt;&lt;

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im only gonna hurt myself if i try to find the answer =/

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Shiinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    776
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So i got it right?

  7. #37
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, actually, no such "set of sets that do not contain themselves" is possible.

    Let's divide all kinds of sets into:
    - Classes of individuals
    - Classes of classes of individuals
    - Classes of classes of classes of individuals
    and so on.

    A class cannot be an individual; a class of classes of individuals cannot be a class of individuals, and so on.

    It's a bit messy, but basically, this disallows my "set of sets that do not contain themselves".

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Shiinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    776
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see. I totally understood that. ^^uu

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I', totally lost T_T

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Dragonrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    917
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    damn, I was gonna answer that!

    :-P

    I woulda been on the right track I think (I was gonna answer no) but I see better now. :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •